What is a CAGE code?
A CAGE code is a five character alpha-numeric identifier assigned to entities located IN the United States and its’ territories. The DLA CAGE Program Office is the only activity authorized for assignment or update of a CAGE code.
What is an Entity?
In business, an entity is a person, department, corporation, cooperative, partnership, business, manufacturer, organization, or other groups with whom it is possible to conduct business.
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) website provides a standalone solution to search for foreign and domestic entity’s CAGE information. Site capabilities include:
- Search for CAGE code information at CAGE Search & Inquiry (CSI)
- Access to forms required to support transactions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Request a New CAGE code not associated with a System for Award Management (SAM) registration
- Providing update information for an existing CAGE code not associated with a SAM registration
- Scheduled maintenance notifications
- Upcoming changes
The CAGE Program Office is dedicated to support the federal registration process to include the Department of Defense and International entities by:
- Performing entity management via vendor validation when assigning a new CAGE code or when information is changed for an existing CAGE code.
- Providing specific guidance to all customers in support of their request for a new CAGE code or when performing an update for an existing CAGE code.
Note: Entities are required to go through their National Codification Bureau (NCB) if they are North Atlantic Treaty Organizations (NATO) and Tier II Nations. If the NON-U.S. vendor resides outside of these NATO and the Tier II Nations, they will go through the NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA).