Obtaining / Registering a DUNS+4

To create a DUNS +4 record in SAM, follow the steps below:

  1.  Access the SAM homepage.
  2. Click the blue “Log In” button in the upper right corner (you will be redirected to Login.gov).
  3. Click “Sign in” and enter your login.gov email address and password.
  4. Click “Next.” You will be directed to the SAM Terms and Conditions. Click “Accept” to complete your log in.
  5. Select “Entity Registrations” in the left navigation panel.
  6. Select “Existing Entity Registrations” to view the registrations to which you have access.
  7. Select the entity record from the Entity List box.
  8. Click the “Update” button in “Registration Details for Complete Record” or “Registration Details for Incomplete Record” to begin your renewal.
  9. Navigate to the “Financial Information” page of the Core Data section.
  10. Click the “Add New Account Details” button located at the top right of the screen. The page should refresh.
  11. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. You should see what appears to be a new, blank, financial information form.
  12. You will be required to create a +4 extension. Any combination of four numerals 0-9 may be used. Complete the financial information form with the additional bank account information.
  13. Save and Continue through the remaining pages of the registration and submit the update.
  14. The DLA will assign a separate CAGE Code for each new DUNS +4 record that you create.

Note: You may also delete a DUNS +4 record by clicking the “Delete” button attached to the coordinating bank account on the Financial Information page. Only the bank account information with a DUNS +4 assignment can be deleted. If you do not need more than one bank account, you may simply update your banking information in SAM.

Registrants wishing to register their subsidiaries and other entities should ensure that each additional location obtains a separate DUNS Number from D&B at 1-866-705-5711. If your entity has other plants or facilities at different addresses routinely used to perform on contracts under the same DUNS number, you can list these additional locations under FAR Response 1, Question 2  in the “Representations and Certifications” section of your SAM registration.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *